Monday, March 1, 2010

Here I am

Let's play good news/bad news. I always want the bad news first (I like happy endings) :) So, a sad thing is I don't think I'm going to be able to go with the team to Mexico this summer. Not only do we not have the extra funds for it, but even if we did it doesn't seem wise to spend $ on that- which would be taking away funds that we need to go to Rwanda. I would love to go to Mexico (have been there on short term mission trips, uh, I don't know probably 5 or 6 times, but it's been since before our daughter was born- 11+ years ago- that I was last there.) But I don't think it's going to happen.

On to some good news- TTI in Rwanda moved a widow & her children into a new safe home today- one that will be much better than the falling down one she was in previously. yeah God & yeah for people who stepped up & gave! :) See TTI blog...

Our journey into "real food" has been going pretty good. My latest thing has been creating my own sourdough starter & trying to make sourdough bread (that did not turn out so good). But I did use my starter to make some tasty homemade crackers, pita bread, and my tortillas have been good too! I am going to keep working on it & I have noticed some unexpected health benefits in myself that is good news too! (hormonal stuff)

Last week at Bible study God dropped a really cool picture in my mind. We were reading Romans 8:14-16 "because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
I was thinking about God as our Father, and I thought of my son (age 6). In the morning he likes to give me a hug, but not just a little hug, I pick him up & he hugs me with his whole body- legs wrapped around me, arms holding tight, and I walk around holding him. The thought that came to me was that *this* is what being led by the Spirit means. We are lost in the embrace of God & he carries us along. I love that picture. I need to get lost in God's embrace.

Please keep us in your prayers. The "mountain" of finances seems insurmountable, and yet we know that God can do it. I realize that our target date of being in Rwanda is a little over 6 months away & I know we are not very much closer to where we need to be! It can be overwhelming, but we know that our God can make a way. We believe this is what he wants us to do & we know that our God is a God of miracles! Pray for our faith to be strengthened & for us to begin to see the provision of God in our finances.

Thank You!
Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment