Friday, March 19, 2010

Ups & Downs

I think everyone of us has weeks that are like a roller coaster ride- you're up & then you're down, and then maybe back up again! Early this week we had an awesome blessing of finding out our personal support had increased by $200 per month. Very encouraging after praying & waiting to see God's provision! We still have a ways to go, but this was a big step in the right direction- praise God!

Of course, then there's the parts of life that can bring you down- like power struggles with tweenagers (I endured a 2 hour battle with my 11 year old & only lost my cool a couple of times- I think I should get an award for that!) Or days where you feel like you get a big fat F for the day (the day I was working on the computer & Mike came home telling me he had found Nate talking to the landscapers 3 houses up the street- yup, stellar mommy moment for me).

What I am so grateful for is the grace of God. Through the ups, the downs, the victories and failures, God always holds us in the palm of his hand. John 10:27-30 Jesus said:
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

Isn't that GREAT news?! Thank God that he never lets go of us. I love the verse from Psalm 37:
"If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;

though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand."

I hope that is encouraging for you today too!

I've started another blog- I have 3 now! You may think I just have too much time on my hands (ha ha!) Actually everyday I feel overwhelmed with too much to do. Somethings (like an updated TTI newsletter) just get pushed to the side- I've got to get to work on that this month! Plus I need to work on our paperwork for Christine's adoption & getting the kids enrolled in school in Rwanda for the fall. My newest blog is www.walkNT.blogspot.com is because with all the new things I am learning & experimenting with in nourishing foods I wanted to be able to share it with someone. I have been reading lots of "real food" blogs & just decided I would start one too- I think it's a necessary outlet for me since I don't know anyone else (personally) as radical about what they feed their family as I am!

I wanted to add one other thing. I have talked about how it is a struggle for me in our current home- how I wish it were someplace my own, someplace "cute". I have to say though, living with my dad is a huge help. We never pay for a babysitter- my dad is always willing & almost always available. My dad also buys a few groceries now & then (hard for us becuase I'm picky- but I just let those non-organic apples come in, wash them good & don't complain) :) He also does a lot of laundry, complete with folding and putting it away (sometimes I find my socks in Nate's drawer, or KaLia's shirt in my closet, but it is still a huge help). He really does keep us afloat in many ways. So, I am thankful to be here with my dad to help us. I choose thankfulness!


picture of Nate & my dad (the guy in the middle, not the back) at the Rhodie Garden over in Portland, last June- isn't it funny how distance/perspective makes Nate bigger?  Someday I know it will be true!  :)

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment