Saturday, April 7, 2012

We Keep Praying

We are still asking for God's help on the requests I mentioned in my last post.  Most pressing right now is getting Michael Jr's student visa.  He went in for an interview at the US Embassy a few weeks ago.  We were trying to get him a visitor visa so he could travel earlier than 30 days before his school starts (visa regulations).  They did not give him the visitor visa & told him to just reapply for his student visa.

I now have the paperwork needed in order to get him an interview for a student visa; however, when I went on their website last night to make his appointment they were showing no appointments available.  I am not sure what is going on, and I have sent an email to the consular at the embassy (although they are notoriously hard to get a hold of).

Please pray with us for an appointment to open up soon!  We still need to purchase plane tickets for myself, Kelly Christinah, and Michael Jr.  (Kelly & I were on separate tickets from the rest of the family because of our being delayed with the adoption process last year, we had to purchase round trip tickets from Africa to the US and back again.  So, now we need new tickets to get to the US.)  Please also pray for us to have the finances needed to purchase these tickets, for us to find low priced tickets, and to get home at the same time as the rest of the family.

As I pray about the visa Michael Jr. needs I am reminded a lot of my prayers at this same time last year.  Last year we were praying and believing for God to help us finalize Kelly's adoption; similar to how we are praying, hoping, believing for Michael to get his visa.  Posts like this one from last year when we were praying for God to make a way.  I remember praying so many times, "God, can't we just have an answer now?  Can't it just be finished so we can be settled in our hearts & know that it's done?"  And now, again, I have those same prayers in my heart.  I just want Michael's visa to be done & settled.  But, at least for now, we are still in a journey to get there.  God is leading, and we trust him, but I can't help calling from the backseat, "Are we there yet?"

Thank you for praying with us.  For whatever journey God may be leading you through right now I pray for you to have the faith and the trust to know that He loves you more than you can imagine and He will lead you to the promised land.  He is leading you to a place of blessing and abundance, but we can't take any shortcuts.  We have to follow his leading.

Thank you God for loving us and leading us as a gentle shepherd.  Help us to listen to your voice and follow you.

God Bless You,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment