Wednesday, June 11, 2014

In the Storm

Last night I had a dream that I was trying to navigate a sailboat through a very rough storm.  I was struggling and trying to get the sail up and in the right position.  As I observed myself struggling in my dream, wisdom suddenly was broadcast into the scene, saying, "Stop struggling and surrender."  The only way to weather the storm was to tie up the sail, give up navigating, and to just ride the storm out.



Then the scene changed to my pastor, preaching and bringing out the spiritual application to the story.  When we are in the storms of life we need to stop struggling and fighting against it.  Stop trying to force things to change in the direction you want them to go.  It is time to surrender and give it all to God.  Ride out the storm and trust that God will take you through it.  He will bring you to the other side, but you have to let him do it in his way.

I was reminded of the verse found in I Peter chapter 5:

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.  

It also makes these verses in Matthew 11 come to mind:

28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We have been going through some storms of life recently, but I love that God would speak to me through my dreams and give me his wisdom.  I am holding onto him and letting go of my struggles.  I place them all at his feet and surrender all my desires (my desired outcomes) to him.

I share this because you may be going through some storms also, and I want you to be encouraged.

God Bless You,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment