Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Prayers For Our Kids

I read this today on Lysa TerKeurst's blog, and it was so good I wanted to share it with you...

"Angela Thomas was speaking just after me at the E-Women conference and she shared something so powerful, I feel compelled to share it with you.

She described how she prays every day for the Spirit of God to lay across her house. And she prays her kids will feel it. She prays they feel the Spirit of God when they eat their cereal and when they blow dry their hair and they kick their shoes underneath their bed and when they hang out as a family.

She prays the Spirit of God laying on top of them will become their normal and what feels right. That way if they leave home and start sticking their toes outside the will of God it will feel so wrong, they will just have to run back to Him.

I love that. I want my kids to crave the covering of God as well. So, I've started praying for the Spirit of God to lay across my house each day too.

I know with 5 kids I will probably experience some times where toes venture out. But I'm telling you right now, their mama's prayers and the covering of God will be right there to step on them every time.

Yes ma'am."

Isn't that good?  So good.  Our God is good and he wants to cover our children, our loved ones.  He loves them more than we do & his heart is broken more than ours when they venture outside His will.  Why not start praying a prayer today that you know God wants to answer?  I think I hear an "Amen!" out there somewhere...

God Bless You,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment