Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We Trust

Fed Ex delivered our adoption paperwork to Rwanda one day ahead of schedule- that got me excited!  Mike hand delivered it to the government office which handles all adoptions, and he was shown a list of 40 names.  People whose paperwork had been received ahead of ours.  Still, because our situation is unique (we have identified our child, we are not waiting for a referral) I had hoped we might hear something in the remaining week of Mike's trip.  But we did not.

Still, we trust that God is at work, and the good work that He has begun He will be faithful to complete!

Mike is at the airport in Rwanda right now, getting ready to head home.  Mike, Darcee, and Darius will be flying back to Portland and arriving Wednesday night.  I am so excited to have Mike back home!  The kids are too.  Nate especially keeps saying, "I sure miss dad," and is counting down the days.  "Number 9 is when dad comes home!"  (June 9th)

The memorial for Mike's dad will be this Saturday, June 12th.  We would pray that God would use us to help the family as we process this loss together.

I recently found out the that school that I have enrolled the kids in for this fall actually begins on August 16th!  That is at least a couple weeks ahead of when I was thinking we would need to be there.  Suddenly everything is coming up fast.  That would make our departure only a little over 2 months away- yikes!

We still need a miracle in the area of our personal support.  That mountain has to be moved & we believe God is leading us & wants to move that mountain.  Please pray with us for that.

Our trip to Mexico is a little over 2 weeks away also & I still feel very intimidated at the thought of cooking three meals a day for 20 people.  Can I correctly estimate how much I'll need?  Can I come up with meals that won't take hours & hours to prepare?  And I am torn over the thought of having Nate there, but being too busy to adequately keep an eye on him (if you know Nate, then you know what I mean).  But let our God be glorified as I trust in Him and know we'll make it through somehow!

"But Christ (the Messiah) was faithful over His [own Father's] house as a Son [and Master of it]. And it is we who are [now members] of this house, if we hold fast and firm to the end our joyful and exultant confidence and sense of triumph in our hope [in Christ]."  Hebrews 3:6 (Amplified)

Thank you for your prayers.
God Bless You,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment